Dr. B’s Low Carb Pancake Recipe
Waking up in the morning can be tough and the last thing you need to put in your body is a lot of sugar, carbs, to weigh you down and make you drowsy. Most often than not, a lot of traditional breakfasts like sugary cereal and carb-heavy waffles lack the balance of nutrients you need in the morning and end up giving you a crash before the day even starts. But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your favorite breakfast.
This easy high protein, low-carb pancake recipe is the perfect healthy breakfast idea for any keto, paleo, or vegetarian diet. Using a grain-free flour like almond flour or coconut flour makes these pancakes gluten-free and chock full of healthy nutrients. By using Dr. Burkenstock’s Protein Powder, these pancakes are full of flavor and will help you stay satiated throughout the day with a dose of muscle-building protein in the morning. Monkfruit sweetener is a natural, zero calorie sweetener and the unsweetened applesauce is a natural binder to get the kind of fluffy pancakes you dream about, except better!
Skin Body Health Low-Carb Pancakes Recipe
Time: 15 minutes
⅓ cup almond or coconut flour
½ Packet Skin*Body*Health Vanilla, Chocolate, Cheesecake Protein Powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg (organic cage-free) or 4 tablespoons arrowroot
1 tablespoon granulated monk fruit sweetener or stevia
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
11/4 cups to 11/2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
Dash of raw cinnamon
coconut oil or grass-fed butter (lightly grease the pan)
1. Combine dry ingredients first, then add wet ingredients until you reach a batter consistency.
2. Lightly Grease a non-stick pan and turn to medium heat (not high heat, as pancakes can burn and the inside doesn’t get cooked properly).
3. Once the pan is hot, use a ¼ cup scoop to serve batter and turn flame down to medium-low.
4. Wait until you see bubbles forming, then flip pancakes gently. Cook low and slow! Patience is key for evenly-cooked fluffy pancakes.
5. Add your toppings of choice, such as unsweetened chocolate chips, your favorite nut butter or a touch of pure maple syrup.