Eliminate or Reduce the Appearance of Unsightly Scars
Dr. Kelly Burkenstock can eliminate or reduce the appearance of unsightly scars. After a consultation, she will recommend a plan of treatment that may include laser therapy and injections. State of the art techniques can reduce the appearance of several types of scars including
- Keloid scarring – firm, raised, and reddish-purple scars that extend beyond the initial wound area and build over time.
- Hypertrophic scarring – firm, raised, and pink scars that remain within the initial wound area and may fade over time.
- Atrophic scarring – depressed, pin-like pockets in the skin that can result from skin conditions or diseases such as acne.
- Is everyone a good candidate for laser scar removal?
Not everyone is a good candidate for laser scar removal. People with skin disorders such as psoriasis and dermatitis may not be ideal candidates.
- What are the complications or risks associated with laser scar removal?
The most common side effect is hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation, both can be exacerbated with sun exposure. Infection or allergic reactions are also possible but can be prevented or treated with medical ointments, creams, and oral antibiotics.
Remove what you once thought permanent, because You Are So Worth It! ™